When it comes to your complete satisfaction, Nuzzi Fuel delivers!
Nuzzi Fuel delivers top-quality heating oil and diesel fuel using our own fleet of well-maintained trucks. We ensure the quality of your heating oil and Bioheat® heating oil by treating it with HEATDOC™, a premium fuel conditioner that protects your system in four important ways.
You may choose between C.O.D. delivery, where you call us to have your Oilheat delivered, or automatic delivery (see below). Nuzzi Fuel also ensures your comfort with available 24–hour emergency fuel delivery. Should you ever run out of heating oil, you can count on us to deliver fuel and restore your heat at any time of day or night.
We think you'll also appreciate the way out courteous, professional drivers respect your home and your property. Whenever we visit for delivery or service, we leave everything as neat and clean as it was when we arrived.
Bioheat® Heating OilNuzzi Fuel deeply cares about protecting the environment for future generations - and that is why we are extremely pleased to introduce clean and green Bioheat® heating oil to all our customers. There are so many benefits to using this eco-friendly fuel:
- Bioheat® heating oil is domestically produced using biodiesel made from American grown resources like soybeans - which helps support our nation's farmers and reduces our dependence on foreign energy sources.
- Bioheat® heating oil has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel, for more efficient burning and satisfying warmth.
- Biodegradable, renewable and non-toxic, Bioheat® heating oil burns cleaner than "regular" Oilheat (which is already amazingly clean!). It contains almost no sulfur, and significantly reduces particulates and greenhouse gases that lead to global warming.
- Bioheat® heating oil lubricates heating system parts more thoroughly and efficiently, helping to reduce the number of service calls needed annually.
- Bioheat® heating oil costs about the same as "regular" Oilheat - and you get a tax credit (see below).
- Bioheat® heating oil requires no burner, boiler/furnace or tank modification. And you won't have to change your budget plan, payment plan, service contract or warranties.
- Bioheat® heating oil is delivered to you in the same manner as "regular" Oilheat. And, as with "regular" Oilheat, we offer automatic delivery, so you won't have to worry about running out.
When You Use Bioheat® heating oil, You Get a Tax Break!New York State offers a tax credit for customers who use biofuels - one cent per percentage of biofuel blended with heating oil, up to 20 cents. Since Nuzzi Fuel's Bioheat® heating oil contains 20% biofuel and 80% heating oil (known as a B20 blend), our customers receive a 20-cent-per-gallon tax credit. That means you can save $200 for every 1,000 gallons of Bioheat® heating oil you consume!
The new tax credit, originally slated to expire at the end of 2011, remains in effect through 2020.
To properly compute the amount of credit allowed, you should have an invoice or bill that includes the following information: date of purchase, number of gallons of Bioheat® heating oil purchased and the percentage of biodiesel included (in our case, 20%). Nuzzi Fuel will be happy to provide you with a statement of your usage for the year. Simply complete our contact form and we will email this information to you. To receive a tax credit, you should file a Claim for Clean Heating Fuel Credit along with your tax return.
Download your individual Bioheat® heating oil tax form here.
Download the instructions for filling out the individual Bioheat® heating oil tax form here.
Download your corporate Bioheat® heating oil tax form here.
Automatic DeliveryWith all the home preparations you have to make before each coming season, it's nice when a few things take care of themselves. Thanks to our Automatic Delivery service, you never have to worry about measuring the oil in your tank, or when your next delivery is arriving. Automatic Delivery uses computer and weather tracking technology to monitor your fuel oil supply. That means no more worries about calling us for emergency delivery in the middle of a freezing night. Automatic Delivery is such a great convenience, we think all our customers should be enrolled! Call or contact us today to sign up.
The Many Benefits of OilheatClean, safe and friendly - those are words that describe our Long Island communities. That's why Oilheat is the perfect fuel for our Nassau County friends and neighbors.
Oilheat is safe.
- It will not burn in a liquid state. In order to light heating oil on fire, you must heat it above 140 degrees, the temperature at which it begins to vaporize.
- There are visible warnings if there is a malfunction. With home heating oil systems, carbon monoxide leaks rarely happen without warning. If an Oilheat system should malfunction, it will release smoke or soot as a visible warning; these serve as early indicators that something is wrong, long before dangerous levels of carbon monoxide can be released into the air.
- It is non-explosive. A match dropped into heating oil will go out as if it were dropped into water.
Oilheat is "green."
- It burns cleanly. Today's Oilheat burns 95% cleaner than in 1970. Since it burns so cleanly, it comes well within the air pollution standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency. Low-sulfur products and biofuels, such as those made from soybeans, will further reduce the already near-zero emissions.
- It is kind to the environment. Residential heating oil equipment creates such a negligible amount of emissions that heating oil is not even regulated by the Federal Clean Air Act.
Oilheat is dependable.
- It offers dependable and safe storage. With Oilheat, you benefit from having your fuel source safely stored in a tank on your property, with no need to worry about the weather or disruptions in the fuel supply.
- There will always be a plentiful supply. Even during the coldest winter months, there's more than enough Oilheat for everyone. In fact, the United States has a Strategic Petroleum Reserve with a capacity of 727 million barrels - the world's largest emergency oil stockpile - in addition to a two-million-barrel heating oil reserve. There are over 50 oil producing countries, and the U.S. is not dependent on any one country or region for its supply.
- It can be blended with domestically produced biofuel. The fossil fuel component of heating oil is now supplemented by domestically grown, plant-based biofuels that are renewable. Researchers are developing technologies to extract biofuel from non-food plants such as algae to ensure a plentiful, cost-effective supply.
- You can rely on us! Nuzzi Fuel offers dependable, courteous personalized service - with around-the-clock emergency response and the personal attention every customer deserves.
Oilheat Is economical
- The price is right. On a BTU-for-BTU basis, Oilheat was priced lower than utility gas in New York in 12 of the 20 years from 1991 to 2010.
- Competition keeps prices in check. Competition among local Oilheat companies helps to ensure a better value. But even more importantly, Nuzzi Fuel offers full service benefits that add value to every gallon of fuel you use (see below). And, unlike some of our competitors, we don't play "bait-and-switch" with our prices.
Oilheat is efficient.
- Oilheat is hot! Of all heating fuels, Oilheat has the hottest flame - for satisfying warmth, and rapid space and hot water heating.
- Oilheat systems are super-efficient! Thanks to major advancements being made in Oilheat burner technology, some Oilheat systems now boast efficiency ratings of over 95%! Modern Oilheat equipment actually burns less fuel. The average annual fuel consumption in 1973 was 1,294 gallons; and now it is only 833 gallons - that's 35% less fuel. Oilheat offers value-added full service.
- Nuzzi Fuel offers you a host of products and services to help you use less energy and save more money, including heating and cooling equipment installation, maintenance and repair; comprehensive service contracts; convenient payment and price protection options; and so much more.
Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil
Your heating oil is better than ever!
In 2010, New York State approved a switch to ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO), which reduces sulfur content in the fuel by 99%. The law went into effect on July 1, 2012.
ULTRA-LOW SULFUR HEATING OIL BENEFITS:
- Heating equipment that runs on ULSHO lasts longer and requires less maintenance.
- Using ULSHO could also increase your heating system’s efficiency. And, according to the Consumer Energy Council of America, ULSHO reduces emissions by over 70% compared to traditional heating fuel.
- You don’t need to make any modifications to your burner, boiler, furnace, tank or any heating system component in order to use ULSHO.
- ULSHO can be blended with renewable, eco-friendly Bioheat® heating oil to create the cleanest home heating fuel in the USA. Combine that with the latest advanced burners, and emissions are reduced even further!
Need more information on our fuel products and services? Contact us!