Nuzzi Fuel deeply cares about protecting the environment for future generations - and that is why we are extremely pleased to introduce clean and green Bioheat® fuel to all our customers. There are so many benefits to using this eco-friendly fuel:
- Bioheat® fuel is domestically produced using biodiesel made from American grown resources like soybeans - which helps support our nation's farmers and reduces our dependence on foreign energy sources.
- Bioheat® fuel has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel, for more efficient burning and satisfying warmth.
- Biodegradable, renewable and non-toxic, Bioheat® fuel burns cleaner than "regular" Oilheat (which is already amazingly clean!). It contains almost no sulfur, and significantly reduces particulates and greenhouse gases that lead to global warming.
- Bioheat® fuel lubricates heating system parts more thoroughly and efficiently, helping to reduce the number of service calls needed annually.
- Bioheat® fuel costs about the same as "regular" Oilheat - and you get a tax credit (see below).
- Bioheat® fuel requires no burner, boiler/furnace or tank modification. And you won't have to change your budget plan, payment plan, service contract or warranties.
- Bioheat® fuel is delivered to you in the same manner as "regular" Oilheat. And, as with "regular" Oilheat, we offer automatic delivery, so you won't have to worry about running out.
To order Bioheat® fuel from Nuzzi Fuel, click here.
When You Use Bioheat® fuel, You Get a Tax Break!
New York State offers a tax credit for customers who use biofuels - one cent per percentage of biofuel blended with heating oil, up to 20 cents. Since Nuzzi Fuel's Bioheat® fuel contains 20% biofuel and 80% heating oil (known as a B20 blend), our customers receive a 20-cent-per-gallon tax credit. That means you can save $200 for every 1,000 gallons of Bioheat® fuel you consume!
The new tax credit, originally slated to expire at the end of 2011, remains in effect through 2020. To properly compute the amount of credit allowed, you should have an invoice or bill that includes the following information: date of purchase, number of gallons of Bioheat® fuel purchased and the percentage of biodiesel included (in our case, 20 percent). Nuzzi Fuel will be happy to provide you with a statement of your usage for the year. Simply complete our contact form and we will email this information to you. To receive a tax credit, you should file a Claim for Clean Heating Fuel Credit along with your tax return.
Download your individual Bioheat® fuel tax form here.
Download the instructions for filling out the individual Bioheat® fuel tax form here.
Download your corporate Bioheat® fuel tax form here.